Return to Campus: Fall 2020
UIC is taking a phased approach for reopening the university in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. As circumstances continue to evolve in our city and state, all decisions will be informed by the latest public health guidance in response to the virus.
As the university prepares for fall semester instruction to begin Aug. 24, all members of the UIC community will have an active role to help keep our community safe and healthy.
When you return to campus everyone will need to follow these protective measures to safeguard the health of the entire university community:
- Complete the online COVID-19 Safety Training.
- Conduct a wellness screening each day you will be on campus.
- If you feel ill, stay home.
- Wear a mandatory face covering on campus.
- Practice physical/social distancing – stay six feet apart.
- Limit the size of gatherings – don’t congregate in groups.
- Wash hands frequently or use hand sanitizer located in campus buildings.
- Additional details on COVID-19 testing and tracing will be announced soon.
University officials will closely monitor local and state public health data. If localized outbreaks emerge, tighter restrictions and changes in learning and class schedules may be implemented.
Members of the UIC community who work or train at the hospital and clinics will follow guidelines of those entities.