What to do if you receive an inconclusive, rejected or negative saliva test result
It is important that you continue to follow prevention and safety guidelines to protect yourself and the UIC community.
If you do not have any symptoms of COVID-19:
- You can wait until your next normally scheduled test to submit a sample.
- If you have not done so already, you can schedule to submit your next sample here.
If you have developed any symptoms of COVID-19:
- You should not have the saliva test
- Promptly contact your personal healthcare provider for further guidance and testing. If you do not have a provider:
- If you are a student, contact Student Health Services at 312-996-2901
- For all others, visit the UI Health COVID-19 webpage or call 866-600-2273
- If you are faculty, staff, graduate student, health profession student, you should also contact University Health Services through one of the following ways:
- Log into Immuware Health Portal using your UIC NetID and password. Once in your personal record, choose “COVID 19 Intake,” complete the questionnaire. Click “Save” when complete. UHS will contact you on next steps.
- If you are unable to access Immuware Employee Health Portal, complete an online COVID-19 Intake Form.
- You may also directly call University Health Services at 312-996-7420. UHS is available Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday hours may vary. You may also email UHSClinic@uic.edu. Your email will be reviewed and answered within 24 hours.
If you have an emergency warning sign (including trouble breathing, chest pain that won’t go away, confusion, or trouble talking), seek emergency medical care immediately.
For more information, please see UIC’s routinely updated FAQs.