Acadly Enterprise Pilot Program
Ready to test a new “online classroom?” Many UIC instructors have used the Basic version of Acadly, which is free, to take attendance in the classroom for years. Acadly Enterprise is being piloted at UIC during the Spring 2021 semester to bring an improved experience to on-campus flexible classes and online synchronous classes for both students and faculty.
The Enterprise version of Acadly includes Blackboard and Zoom integration and is available to all UIC professors now as part of the pilot. The following is included in the Enterprise license:
- Students in your course appear automatically in Acadly
- Students can attend your Zoom synchronous classes within Acadly
- Students can chat, answer polls or take quizzes during your Zoom session and have those activities available even after the class is over
- Students can automatically see their grades for class activities and attendance in Blackboard
For an introduction of Acadly Enterprise for UIC, watch go.uic.edu/UIC-IntroAcadlyPilot (five-minute video)
Here are other getting started videos:
- Setting up an Acadly course via our Blackboard integration
- Syncing course enrollment and exporting grades using Acadly’s Bb plugin
Before you import a Blackboard course into Acadly, you can also try out the product by setting up a trial course.
Finally, here are video tutorials on how to use Acadly:
- Link your Acadly and Zoom accounts
- Automating Zoom class attendance
- Breakout rooms on Acadly – Here’s a blog post on B/O Room activity ideas
- Create activities
- Create a live class
- In-meeting experience
- Understanding the student-side experience
For a full list of Acadly features, visit acadly.com/features.
If you are interested in using Acadly Enterprise, contact the Center for the Advancement of Teaching Excellence (CATE) at LTS@uic.edu.