Common college student phrases
Learning in a place that brings together many different personalities, cultures and ideologies, college students across the country have one thing in common — their everyday phrases. The unscientific facts prove that at any moment throughout the day, you will find 1 out of every 10 college students thinking or saying one of the following phrases.
- Is ___ a good professor? (immediately searches name on ratemyprofessor.com).
- Do I really need to buy this? “This” is usually referring to something essential, like food.
- Do I really want to go to class today?
- I should go to the gym today… Maybe tomorrow.
- Do you have a charger I can borrow?
- The page requirement of the paper is 5-10 pages? Five pages it is.
- I’m ready to graduate.
- I need a nap.
- That exam wasn’t that bad (usually said while internally screaming and crying).
- Did I turn in my assignment on Blackboard?
- I’m really tired. I’m not going out this weekend (ends up at a crazy party).
- I love you. You have never let me down. You’d think that the typical college student is talking about their girl/boyfriend, but we’re actually talking about our bed.
- The professor said that this assignment can’t be done in one night? Challenge accepted.
- My bank account hates me.
- If it doesn’t show up on Google, it doesn’t exist.
- Wait… I’m graduating already? I don’t wanna leave!
We college students are peculiar people. We are all different, yet we all think the same.
Christian Gray is a senior majoring in marketing with a focus in promotion and communications and a minor in economics. He is president of the Student Activities Board. When he’s not planning events or doing schoolwork, you’ll catch him watching something sports related (#KOBE) or vibing out to music. His career goal growing up was to be Batman. He won’t tell you if he was successful on that mission, but let’s be real – have you ever seen him and Batman in the same place before?