Campus Electronic Recycling Collection
Date / Time
September 16, 2020
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
The Campus Electronic Recycling Collection (CERC) is an electronics recycling event where the UIC community is invited to drop off any unwanted electronics, including personal electronics. This event will take place on Wednesday, Sept. 16, 10am – 2pm, south of the Jane Addams Hull-House Museum at 800 S. Halsted Street with safety measures in place to maintain social distancing and allow for a safe transfer of electronics. Participants must register for a time slot in advance and follow the steps described below. Register here: https://doodle.com/poll/rgnynpyzqmsgxpuf
Plan for a safe Campus Electronic Recycling Collection:
- As always, departments must complete the FABWeb forms to submit old electronics to surplus or scrap. (Learn how here)
- All units must provide a paper printout listing all the equipment on their already approved FABweb disposal request (SD#), or the receipts will be rejected without evidence of unit management approval.
- The units must mark the 3 digit org code on all equipment items – stickers or labels are appreciated for any surplus equipment that may be subsequently redistributed within the University. Non-working and items in scrap condition (the vast majority of the annual collection) can have the org code written on the item in permanent marker.
- All equipment must be disinfected. Movers will disinfect again when picking up.
- Drop offs can be scheduled by each department or individual. Depending on the volume of the drop off, you can schedule for 15 or 30 minutes through the links above. Departments will be limited to two persons per time slot.
- Masks are required and attendees must follow social distancing guidelines.