Certificate in Nonprofit Management Courses
Date / Time
September 12, 2019 - October 17, 2019
The University of Illinois at Chicago’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management (CNM) program provides a comprehensive suite of 100% online, non-credit courses designed for individuals working in or with the nonprofit industry. These courses cover a variety of topics integral to running a nonprofit organization, and will help build a strong and effective organization by educating employees. UIC offers 12 courses – take just one course or multiple courses, depending on your learning and career goals. You must complete three courses to earn UIC’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management.
Two courses are offered starting September 12 and running through October 2019:
- Strategic Management: Planning for Today’s Realities and Tomorrow’s Probabilities (9/12 through 10/17)
- This course explores how to engage in strategic planning and management of a nonprofit organization with innovation and agility, so that an organization’s mission, vision, values, programs and resources may be fully aligned. Students will learn the skills needed to develop the key aspects of a strategic plan and manage its successful implementation.
- Fee: $550
- Step by Step: How to Write a Winning Grant Proposal (9/12 through 10/23)
- Through hands-on writing exercises and case study critiques, you will learn how to shape proposal concepts, needs statements, goals, objectives and strategies, program budgets, evaluations and more. Learn from nonprofit practitioners and other professionals around the U.S. and beyond as you dialogue collectively with your instructor on a password-protected course Website. The curriculum for this course focuses on philanthropic foundation grants, not government or research grants.
- Fee: $650
- 100% online
- Activities include readings, discussions and hands-on exercises
- 50 hours of learning