Feminist Page-turners: Community as Rebellion
Date / Time
January 20, 2023
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
What does it mean to be a woman of color faculty member in today’s university? How do you create freedom spaces inside the academy?
Women and nonbinary faculty and postdoctoral scholars of color at UIC are invited to join the Women’s Leadership and Resource Center and the Underrepresented Minority Faculty Mentor Program for a lively and timely discussion of “Community as Rebellion: A Syllabus for Surviving Academia as a Woman of Color,” the award-winning book by Dr. Lorgia García Peña.
- Copies of the book will be provided to registrants. The e-book is also available through the UIC Library.
- Please indicate your preference for in-person vs. virtual (Zoom) on the registration form. We will choose one modality by Jan. 13 based on your votes. (Building and suite accessibility info is available on our website.)
- The author will not be present.
Please contact us with any questions or access requests: firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-413-1025.
- UIC Women’s Leadership and Resource Center.
- UIC Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs.
- Underrepresented Minority Faculty Mentor Program – UIC Office of Diversity, Equity and Engagement.