Nonprofit Management Online Courses
Date / Time
February 4, 2021
The University of Illinois at Chicago’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management (CNM) program provides a comprehensive suite of 100% online, non-credit courses designed for individuals working in or with the nonprofit industry. These courses cover a variety of topics integral to running a nonprofit organization, and will help build a strong and effective organization by educating employees. UIC offers 12 courses – take just one course or multiple courses, depending on your learning and career goals. You must complete three courses to earn UIC’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management.
The following courses are offered starting February 4 and run through March 2021:
- Leadership and Governance in Nonprofit Organizations
- Dates: February 4 – March 10, 2021
- Cost: $550
- This course explores how the concept of governance today is changing with an increased emphasis on leadership in the face of rapid social and economic change. Learn to strengthen the efficiency and effectiveness of a nonprofit board as you survey board roles and responsibilities, governance structure, board recruitment and retention and much more.
- Step by Step: How to Write a Winning Grant Proposal
- Dates: February 4 – March 17, 2021
- Cost $650
- Working with an expert grant writer/instructor, participants will probe and practice the basic steps of writing a successful grant proposal. Through hands-on writing exercises and case study critiques, you will learn how to shape proposal concepts, needs statements, goals, objectives and strategies, program budgets, evaluations and more.
- 100% online
- Activities include readings, discussions and hands-on exercises
- 50 hours of learning