Nonprofit Management Online Courses
Date / Time
May 6, 2021 - June 9, 2021
The University of Illinois Chicago’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management (CNM) program provides a comprehensive suite of 100% online, non-credit courses designed for individuals working in or with the nonprofit industry. These courses cover a variety of topics integral to running a nonprofit organization, and will help build a strong and effective organization by educating employees. UIC offers 12 courses – take just one course or multiple courses, depending on your learning and career goals. You must complete three courses to earn UIC’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management.
The following courses are offered starting May 6 and run through June 9, 2021:
- Building Beneficial Donor Relationships That Last
- Through readings and discussion, students will examine various cultivation strategies and address the task that both professional and volunteer fundraisers find most difficult – the Ask. At the end of five weeks, you will understand that the Ask is not a standalone endeavor, but part of a much larger process. Once that process is in place organization’s individual gift level can potentially increase.
- Nonprofits Today: Understanding The Changing Landscape
- Students will discuss the specific functions of nonprofits in society, their economic and political impact and major trends that are changing the face of nonprofit organizations as we know them. The goal of this course is to facilitate increased knowledge of the nonprofit sector, preparing the learner to lead and manage strategically in a rapidly changing environment.
- 100% online
- Activities include readings, discussions and hands-on exercises
- 50 hours of learning
- Fee: $550 (University of Illinois students, alumni and staff: $515