Nonprofit Management Online Courses
Date / Time
September 9, 2021 - October 13, 2021
The University of Illinois at Chicago’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management (CNM) program provides a comprehensive suite of 100% online, non-credit courses designed for individuals working in or with the nonprofit industry. These courses cover a variety of topics integral to running a nonprofit organization, and will help build a strong and effective organization by educating employees. UIC offers 12 courses – take just one course or multiple courses, depending on your learning and career goals. You must complete three courses to earn UIC’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management.
The following courses are offered starting September 9 and run through October 13, 2021:
- Creating and Managing Fundraising Plans: Produce Ownership and Results
- This course introduces key elements of the fund development process in which nearly every nonprofit organization must engage: assessing, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating. While the cycle itself and the choice of strategies looks different in every organization, the fundamentals are generally the same.
- Strategic Management: Planning for Today’s Realities & Tomorrow’s Probabilities
- This course will explore how to engage in strategic planning and management of a nonprofit organization with innovation and agility, so that an organization’s mission, vision, values, programs and resources may be fully aligned. Students will learn the skills needed to develop these key aspects of a strategic plan and manage its successful implementation.
- Step by Step: How to Write a Winning Grant Proposal*
- Working with an expert grant writer/instructor, participants will probe and practice the basic steps of writing a successful grant proposal. Through hands-on writing exercises and case study critiques, you will learn how to shape proposal concepts, needs statements, goals, objectives and strategies, program budgets, evaluations and more.
- 100% online
- Activities include readings, discussions and hands-on exercises
- 50 hours of learning
- Fee: $550 (University of Illinois students, alumni and staff: $515)
*Please note – Step by Step: How to Write a Winning Grant Proposal runs through October 20, 2021 and costs $650.