Nonprofit Management Online Courses
Date / Time
October 31, 2019 - December 4, 2019
The University of Illinois at Chicago’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management (CNM) program provides a comprehensive suite of 100% online, non-credit courses designed for individuals working in or with the nonprofit industry. These courses cover a variety of topics integral to running a nonprofit organization, and will help build a strong and effective organization by educating employees. UIC offers 12 courses — take just one course or multiple courses, depending on your learning and career goals. You must complete three courses to earn UIC’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management.
Two courses are offered starting October 31 and running through December 4, 2019:
- Managing Oneself and Maximizing Your Team
- Through discussion of technology, diversity and inclusion, managing across the generations and the changing expectations of volunteers, this course establishes context as an important consideration for managing people. Students will explore what managers do and identify characteristics of an effective manager, while examining principles and practices that lead to results in today’s nonprofit organizations.
- Social Media Strategies for Nonprofits
- Focus on how to use social media as a method to successfully build, manage and expand an organization’s networks and goals in new ways. Explore and examine the use of social media as an advanced marketing strategy for multiple purposes, while learning how to build a strong digital foundation across various platforms, utilize best practices to sustain social media activities and support various nonprofit audiences and stakeholders.
- 100% online
- Activities include readings, discussions and hands-on exercises
- 50 hours of learning
- Fee: $550