Nonprofit Management Online Courses
Date / Time
February 6, 2020 - February 6, 2020
The University of Illinois at Chicago’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management (CNM) program provides a comprehensive suite of 100% online, non-credit courses designed for individuals working in or with the nonprofit industry. These courses cover a variety of topics integral to running a nonprofit organization, and will help build a strong and effective organization by educating employees. UIC offers 12 courses – take just one course or multiple courses, depending on your learning and career goals. You must complete three courses to earn UIC’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management.
Three courses are offered starting February 6 and running through March 11, 2020:
- Leadership and Governance in Nonprofit Organizations
- This course explores how the concept of governance today is changing with an increased emphasis on leadership in the face of rapid social and economic change. Learn to strengthen the efficiency and effectiveness of a nonprofit board as you survey board roles and responsibilities, governance structure, board recruitment and retention and much more.
- Aligning Efforts to Outcomes: Effective Program Design and Evaluation
- This course provides a framework for understanding the continuous and integrated process of program evaluation and program design. Utilizing the Logic Model as a guide, participants will learn to develop goals and objectives, determine which activities will address those objectives, and develop outcome measurements to determine the impact of programs. In addition, this class will help a practitioner develop an evaluation plan and learn how to utilize the evaluation results to strengthen the organization’s programs.
- Step by Step: How to Write a Winning Grant Proposal*
- Master the fundamentals of grant writing through this highly interactive online course. Working with an expert grant writer/instructor, participants will probe and practice the basic steps of writing a successful grant proposal. Through hands-on writing exercises and case study critiques, you will learn how to shape proposal concepts, needs statements, goals, objectives and strategies, program budgets, evaluations and more.
- 100% online
- Activities include readings, discussions and hands-on exercises
- 50 hours of learning
- Fee: $550
*This online course costs $650 and runs until March 18, 2020