Nonprofit Management Online Courses
Date / Time
September 10, 2020 - October 14, 2020
The University of Illinois at Chicago’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management (CNM) program provides a comprehensive suite of 100% online, non-credit courses designed for individuals working in or with the nonprofit industry. These courses cover a variety of topics integral to running a nonprofit organization, and will help build a strong and effective organization by educating employees. UIC offers 12 courses – take just one course or multiple courses, depending on your learning and career goals. You must complete three courses to earn UIC’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management.
The following courses are offered starting September 10 and run through October 14, 2020:
- Nonprofit Finance for Nonfinancial Managers I
- This course provides an overview of nonprofit financial management. Students will cover building a nonprofit budget, financial policies and procedures, and financial reporting and analysis. Legal reporting requirements and maintaining tax-exempt status will also be covered.
- Strategic Management: Planning for Today’s Realities & Tomorrow’s Probabilities
- This course will explore how to engage in strategic planning and management of a nonprofit organization with innovation and agility, so that an organization’s mission, vision, values, programs and resources may be fully aligned. Students will learn the skills needed to develop these key aspects of a strategic plan and manage its successful implementation.
- Step by Step: How to Write a Winning Grant Proposal*
- Working with an expert grant writer/instructor, participants will probe and practice the basic steps of writing a successful grant proposal. Through hands-on writing exercises and case study critiques, you will learn how to shape proposal concepts, needs statements, goals, objectives and strategies, program budgets, evaluations and more.
- 100% online
- Activities include readings, discussions and hands-on exercises
- 50 hours of learning
- Fee: $550
*Please note – Step by Step: How to Write a Winning Grant Proposal runs through October 21, 2020 and costs $650.