Responding to Change: Innovation at Cook County Department of Transportation and Highways
Date / Time
March 18, 2021 - March 18, 2021
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
For local transportation agencies, the COVID-19 pandemic has brought a new set of transportation challenges, as well as highlighted old ones. On March 18, the second UTC virtual Seminar Series presentation of the Spring 2021 Semester will feature two Cook County Department of Transportation and Highways staff. The hour-long event will start at noon and be hosted via zoom.
Key topics include:
- How Cook County has revised its budget forecasts and programs to account for changes in travel behavior.
- Ongoing local implementation of the state capital program.
- Several innovative initiatives that are kicking off during the pandemic.
Featured speakers are:
- Tara Orbon is the Chief Engineer for the Project Development Bureau at the Cook County Department of Transportation and Highways. She has more than 20 years of professional experience in transportation planning and design, both in government and private consulting. She currently oversees the development of the Department’s Multi-Year Plan, annual Capital Improvement Budget, Agreements, Project Studies, Traffic Services, Traffic Operations, and Land Acquisition.
- Jesse Elam is the Director of Strategic Planning and Policy at the Cook County Department of Transportation and Highways. He oversees the department’s Invest in Cook grant program as well as its current bicycle, transit, and freight planning efforts. He recently joined the county after 15 years at Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning.