Favorite times at UIC
Just three more blogs from me, which is terrifying because that really calls attention to just how limited my time as a student is. In a few short weeks, I will be UIC alumna, something I felt was so far away, almost a lifetime away, actually…but now it seems as though these years have passed in the blink of an eye! At any rate, this month’s blogs have all been about (and will continue to be) wrapping things up here. My hope is that those of you graduating with me are also thinking about these kinds of things in order to see how far you’ve come, and if you still have more time here in school, I hope that you are making sure you’re making the most out of it and that you’re happy in everything you do. I want to tell you about some of my proudest (and favorite) moments these last four years.
- Being hired as a resident assistant and staying with the job for three years.
- Having great internships through which I gained a lot of experience.
- Getting a 4.0 – and more than once!
- Buying new UIC clothes at the bookstore.
- Attending New Student Days events.
- Walking through campus on beautiful days.
- Figuring out what I want my career to be.
- Having awesome executive board positions.
- Going to dances/balls (anybody remember the carriages at the 2012 Snowflake Ball?!)
- Realizing I’ve met some amazing people and lifelong friends.
- Having professors that truly care about me.
- Helping freshmen and other residents as an RA.
- Seeing Broadway plays with Campus Housing.
- Volunteering around the city and making a difference.
- Being inducted into UIC’s chapter of a national organization (NRHH!)
- Attending a Paramore concert…at my university!
- Exploring Chicago and coming away with such an understanding of the city.
- Going to end of the year banquets for Campus Housing.
- Blogging for IamUIC!
- Looking back each year at pictures from the year before.
- Attending White Sox & Blackhawks games with other UIC students.
- Seeing my new residence hall room for the first time each year.
- Eating at so many well-known and delicious places!
- Winning awards and being recognized.
What were your favorite moments? Tweet me @hbrenza and let me know!
Holly Brenza is a senior majoring in English and minoring in communications and management. In her spare time, Holly enjoys playing with her puppy, Bear, and watching the Blackhawks and White Sox, reading and trying out new recipes. After graduation, she hopes to work in public relations.