Free LASIK evaluations … Goodbye Summer Hello Fall
|Goodbye Summer…..Hello Fall !!!
The UIC Department of Ophthalmology is offering complimentary 2-hour LASIK evaluations to all University of Illinois employees and families on Tuesday Morning/ Wednesday/Thursday all day now through November 29th at the UIC Millennium Park Eye Center, located at 30 North Michigan Avenue. Call 312- 996-2020.
• Use your Flex Spending, the deadline for flex use is June 30th!
LASIK, LASEK and Epi-LASIK are among the most commonly used procedures for the correction of myopia, astigmatism, hyperopia and presbyopia.
Some things to keep in mind when scheduling the evaluation:
1. If you wear soft contact lenses, you must be without your lenses 5 days prior to your appointment date. If you wear hard contact lenses, you must not wear your lenses 3 weeks prior to your appointment date.
2. The doctors will use two different dilating drops during the exam to dilate your eyes to the maximum degree. Although we provide shaded inserts for your glasses, you may find your own sunglasses much more comfortable to use after you examination.
3. You will most likely be able to drive yourself home after having your eyes dilated; however, some people find it more comfortable to have a friend or family member drive them.
4. Please remember that this comprehensive evaluation which can last 2 or more hours requiring some wait time between testing and for dilating drops to take effect. The doctors and staff will be happy to assist with any questions during these wait times.
5. While the most convenient parking is located in the Grant Park Garage on Michigan Ave., the Millennium Park Eye Center ONLY validates for the Imperial Park Garage at 60 East Randolph Street. Parking validation for 4 hours is $18 at the Imperial Park Garage.
6. Please mention this email when you call to schedule your complimentary evaluation.
Call 312-996-2020 to schedule an evaluation or email us at
*Some restrictions apply. Please call for more details.
For more information, please contact: