Hungry for good, cheap food?
Do you need something delicious to eat without emptying your wallet? With the city as our backyard, the possibilities are endless.
UIC News student writers visited several budget-friendly options around campus.
The restaurants surrounding UIC are incredibly diverse — much like the university itself. From Vietnamese rolls to Indian-Pakistani biryani dishes, the restaurants offer a wide variety.
We stopped in at these seven eateries:
- Hana Sushi, 1311 W. Taylor St. – Japanese, Chinese and Thai food and lunch specials
- Ghareeb Nawaz, 807 W. Halsted St. – Indian-Pakistani vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes
- Taco Burrito King, 811 W. Jackson Blvd. – family owned Mexican specialties
- Lotus Café, 719 W. Maxwell St. – Vietnamese dishes, UIC alumni owners
- Scafuri Bakery, 1337 W. Taylor St., a long-time fixture in Little Italy, recently reopened
- M2 Café, 850 W. Jackson Blvd., catering to the busy UIC student needing a quick to-go bite.
- Flirty Cupcakes, 1030 W. Taylor St. – caffeine and cupcakes.