I am UIC: Tips for a great semester
It’s a new semester and students can create better experiences, knowledge, and grades. Here are some tips and recommendations that will help students accomplish a great semester.
- Set a class schedule that will leave you with ample time to study and rest. If you like to wake up early in the morning, I recommend that you take morning classes. But if you like to cuddle with your pillows and snore till 10 a.m., enroll in afternoon classes.
- Make adequate use of your time, so you can balance your school work with your social life.
- Do not enroll in too many classes, so you can dedicate enough time for each class assignment.
- Ask the professor or teacher assistant for help and try to create a personal study time with a tutor or your friends.
- Always remember to get enough sleep and keep a good diet.
Temitope Eddna Odedoyin is majoring in English and fully concentrating in media and professional writing. Apart from writing, she has have a passion for painting, and enjoys using watercolors, oil paint, acrylic, charcoal, oil pastel. She also has an interest in creative writing and short stories. She believes that art — through writing and painting — is a way of expressing one’s feelings.