The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, Research Development Services, announces the following limited competition opportunity. Advanced authorization is required from Research Development Services to apply for a limited competition.
Table of Contents
1. National Endowment for the Humanities – Summer Stipends
National Endowment for the Humanities – Summer Stipends: Summer Stipends support individuals pursuing advanced research that is of value to humanities scholars, general audiences, or both. Eligible projects usually result in articles, monographs, books, digital materials and publications, archaeological site reports, translations, or editions. Projects must not result solely in the collection of data; instead they must also incorporate analysis and interpretation. Summer Stipends support continuous full-time work on a humanities project for a period of two consecutive months. UIC is limited to two full time faculty member nominations. UIC faculty who wish to submit to this program must complete and submit an internal LOI form. For more information see http://research.uic.edu/funding/limited-submissions/nehss17.
• Preference may be given for resubmissions only if the sponsor provided extramural reviews AND those reviews suggest enthusiasm and/or encouraged resubmission. Reviews MUST be attached to the internal LOI form for consideration.
• If you cannot reach the desired page by clicking on the link provided, try copying the full URL into your browser’s address bar. There should be no spaces in the URL.
• Review guidelines and eligibility requirements before submitting an internal LOI.
• If you would like to apply for a limited competition not currently posted at our website at http://research.uic.edu/funding/limited-submissions please contact Natalia Glubisz at RDS@uic.edu