The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, Research Development Services, announces the following limited competition opportunities. Advanced authorization is required from Research Development Services to apply for a limited competition.
Table of Contents
- Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Awards Program
- Johnson and Johnson WiSTEM2D Scholars Program
- Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Awards Program: This awards program supports the research and teaching careers of talented young faculty in the chemical sciences. This program provides discretionary funding to faculty at an early stage in their careers. Criteria for selection include an independent body of scholarship attained within the first five years of their appointment as independent researchers, and a demonstrated commitment to education, signaling the promise of continuing outstanding contributions to both research and teaching. UIC is limited to one application. For more information see http://research.uic.edu/funding/limited-submissions/cdtsa17.
- Johnson and Johnson WiSTEM2D Scholars Program: *EXPEDITED REVIEW. This program aims to fuel the development of female STEM2D leaders and feed the STEM2D talent pipeline by awarding and sponsoring women at critical points in their research careers, in each of the STEM2D disciplines: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Manufacturing and Design. The awards will fund one woman per discipline who has completed her advanced degree, who is working as an assistant professor and who is not yet tenured at an accredited university or design institution. The goal is to fuel the research passion of the awarded women and inspire career paths in their respective STEM2D fields. UIC is limited to one application per each of the 5 fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Manufacturing and Design). For more information see http://research.uic.edu/funding/limited-submissions/jjwsp17
- Preference may be given for resubmissions only if the sponsor provided extramural reviews AND those reviews suggest enthusiasm and/or encouraged resubmission. Reviews MUST be attached to the internal LOI form for consideration.
- If you cannot reach the desired page by clicking on the link provided, try copying the full URL into your browser’s address bar. There should be no spaces in the URL.
- Review guidelines and eligibility requirements before submitting an internal LOI.
- If you would like to apply for a limited competition not currently posted at our website at http://research.uic.edu/funding/limited-submissions please contact Natalia Glubisz at RDS@uic.edu.
For more information, please contact: