Position Announcement: Director, OIS Operations
– Internal Search –
This position oversees operational, financial and business activities of the Office of International Services and assists with these activities in the Office of the Vice Provost for Global Engagement, as needed. This includes: financial analysis and strategy related to outreach and communication services, technology, human resource and facilities management; and ensuring compliance with university policies and procedures.
Functions as the academic fiscal officer for the Office International Services and serves as an advisor to the Associate Vice Provost of Global Engagement and Executive Director of the Office of International Services.
– Monitor budget, recommend future funding requirements and oversee monthly reconciliations.
– Monitor unit financial systems and develop processes and controls to ensure compliance with university policies.
– Assist with the development of the annual budget, including monthly financial reporting and forecasting, cash flow management, expenditure review and approval.
– Analyze and present financial data for the development of new programs, procedures and costs.
– Oversee the operational payment structure, monitor departmental invoicing and reimbursements; initiate procurement for goods and services required by the unit using established procedures and methods (such as iBuy, Travel and Expense Management, etc.) in accordance with Business and Financial policies and procedures.
– Create, implement and monitor departmental strategic plan.
– Manage and direct renovations, maintenance, repairs and equipment purchases by identifying needs, planning, budgeting, and reviewing contracts as needed; maintains and reports space utilization inventory.
– Manage the technological needs, communication and outreach services for the unit.
– Direct all day-to-day administrative activities.
– Represent Executive Director on campus committees.
– Lead the Human Resource function for the unit.
– Oversee strategies and best practices for the recruitment and hiring for all employees in the unit.
– Oversee the processing of appointments, separations and various transactions, handling benefit and
payroll issues, managing the Salary Planner process, and other related human resource matters for Civil Service and Academic Professional employees.
– Supervise human resources activities, conducts on-boarding of new staff, processes and monitors all HR appointments.
– Ensure compliance with University policies and procedures, annual reporting requirements, and required training.
– Performs other duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management or in a related field required.
Master’s degree preferred.
A minimum of 5 years of administrative/management experience. Management experience in higher education administration preferred.
Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Demonstrated experience in the application of policies, accounting practices and tools to develop and administer a budget.
Knowledge of University policies, procedures and regulations preferred.
Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
Proficiency in MS Office and university applications.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
For more information, please contact: