Research study – Do you have PCOS?
Dr. Frank González from the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UIC is seeking women diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) for a research study. The goal of this research study is to determine how treatment with a medication called Salsalate can improve the function of your ovaries, change your body’s insulin response to sugar (glucose), and reduce inflammation in your body triggered by certain components in the common diet.
You may be able to participate if:
- You have been diagnosed with PCOS
- You are healthy and aged 18-40
- You currently have a BMI between 18-25 or 30-40
- You have infrequent menstrual periods
- You have excessive facial/body hair or acne
- You are not pregnant
- You do not take birth control pills or other sex hormones
For more information please contact the study coordinator:
UIC IRB #2017-0476
For more information, please contact: