SEEKING: Manager of Research Operations
The Institute for Health Research and Policy (IHRP) is searching for a full-time Manager of Research Operations to manage research proposals, grants, contracts, and subcontracts from proposal application to closeout.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and inform investigators at the institute of funding opportunities that match their interests and background.
- Research sponsor requirements at the proposal state and ensure compliance prior to application and submission.
- Direct funding application process and administer research proposals and subcontracts; prepare the proposal approval form (PAF) for routing to the Office of Research Services.
- Organize and prepare pre-award proposal documentation including budgets, institutional information, budget justifications, sponsor compliance, regulatory information, and Institutional Review Board (IRB) status.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on grant management and act as a liaison to Grants and Contracts and external and internal auditors.
- Manage, review, edit, and administer all financial activities of grants, contracts, consulting agreements, subcontracts, and vendor agreements for sponsored projects.
- Inform principal investigators (PI’s) and research staff of changes in sponsor policies and regulations; manage, coordinate and ensure compliance with changes.
- Manage and resolve compliance issues including conflict of interest, subrecipient reporting, SB 51 impacting procurement processes, flow down provisions related to sponsored research proposals.
- Respond to internal and external auditors for the audit of research proposals by collecting and preparing all necessary information; inform IHRP director and PI’s of audit findings.
- Approve all financial activities associated with sponsored research proposals.
- Manage personnel appointments and projections in BA3 (shadow system) to comply with Notice of Grant Award.
- Inform IHRP HR office of grant close out to initiate personnel transactions for reassignment or termination.
- Manage requests for no-cost extensions, progress reports, prior approvals, and grant closeouts on behalf of PI’s.
- Manage all effort reporting activities associated with sponsored research awards.
- Prepare financial status reports and invoices for sponsors including Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Polk Bros., Easter Seals and Research Retirement Foundation.
- Collect and route documentation for Just-in-Time sponsor requests including supporting documentation.
- Manage effort reporting activities for the department.
- Acquire and submit Data Resources and Institutional Analysis (DRIA) activity reports for all IHRP affiliated staff and faculty.
- Verify personnel report annually via Data Warehouse for Sponsor Progress Reports.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or public health required, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a research setting required with at least two of those years
performing research or research management.
- Strong interpersonal, management and communication skills.
- Excellent independent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment.
The Institute for Health Research and Policy is the home and incubator for multidisciplinary health research at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Administered through the School of Public Health (SPH) on behalf all UIC colleges, the institute brings together faculty researchers from more than eight colleges and 30 departments to address complex population health issues, including obesity, tobacco use, diabetes, cancer and an aging society; examine behavioral, policy and socioeconomic influences on health; and develop and test interventions to resolve health challenges.
For consideration, please submit resumes and cover letters by Monday, Sept. 18, 2017, through the UIC Jobs website at https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=83717
For more information, please contact: