Student leaders working on online courses, building evaluations
The UIC Undergraduate Student Government serves as the connection between the student and administration. Through meetings and making connections with university administration and departments, USG members voice student concerns.
Here’s what we’ve been working on:
- President Abhinav Reddy is working with the Senate Committee on Education Policy on a new approach of the UIC GPA Recalculation Policy. It is their aim to have a better system in place that helps graduating students, while also catering to the needs of freshmen.
- Vice president Mateo Uribe is on the Massive Online Open Courses committee, which is looking at the possibility of large, open-access based online courses for the university. For more information, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Grounds, Maintenance & Infrastructure committee is working on performing evaluations for every building on campus. To voice your concern about particular buildings, please email committee chair Urooj Shuaib at email@example.com
- Our Appropriations committee is accepting applications from student organizations that need assistance with travel funding. For information on funding possibilities, please visit our website, and click on the “Group Funding” tab.
- USG is seeking more student leaders to join us in improving UIC!
- To sign up for our bimonthly e-newsletter updates, please email a message to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Subscribe to mail list” in the body.
- Did you know you can text us your student concerns? Simply text us your concern at 708-377-5745 and we will get back to you as soon as possible.