Take the Quality Matters ‘Applying the QM Rubric’ workshop for free
Quality Matters — a quality assurance system for online learning that is grounded in research, driven by best practices and puts learners first — is offering numerous sessions of their Applying the QM Rubric workshop throughout the remainder of 2021. Through Oct. 31, UIC is offering funding for faculty who teach online to participate in this two-week, fully asynchronous online workshop.
The objectives of the workshop are:
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes and administrative components.
- Apply the QM Rubric to review online courses.
- Make decisions on whether the demo course meets selected QM Rubric Standards.
- Apply the concept of alignment.
- Draft helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course.
If you have questions about the above or QM generally, please contact Sam Day, Instructional Designer with UIC Extended Campus, at email@example.com.