Active Threat Preparedness Seminar
Date / Time
October 5, 2022
12:00 pm - 12:50 pm
Preparing our students and employees for a potential active threat incident is an integral part of UIC’s emergency response planning. These incidents are unpredictable and evolve quickly. The quality of your response can have a lasting impact on your own health, safety, and the broader university community, culture and reputation.
The seminar will help you learn:
• Actions to take when confronted with an active threat/shooter and violent/threatening situation.
• How to make educated lifesaving decisions.
• What behaviors to look for and who to contact to prevent an active
• Methods and platforms to communicate during an emergency.
• Where to access digital resources, guidance, tools, FAQs and much more.
Registration is not required to attend.