Nonprofit Management Online Courses
Date / Time
October 28, 2021 - December 1, 2021
The University of Illinois at Chicago’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management (CNM) program provides a comprehensive suite of 100% online, non-credit courses designed for individuals working in or with the nonprofit industry. These courses cover a variety of topics integral to running a nonprofit organization, and will help build a strong and effective organization by educating employees. UIC offers 12 courses – take just one course or multiple courses, depending on your learning and career goals. You must complete three courses to earn UIC’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management.
The following courses are offered starting October 28 and run through December 1, 2021:
- Managing Oneself and Maximizing Your Team
- This course explores the human capital side of management with a focus on paid staff and service volunteers. Through discussion of technology, diversity and inclusion, managing across the generations and the changing expectations of volunteers, the course establishes context as an important consideration for managing people. Students will explore what managers do and identify characteristics of an effective manager.
- Nonprofit Finance for Nonfinancial Managers II*
- This course will assist in strengthening your working knowledge of financial management. Students will cover operating budgets and cash flow analysis, preparing for capital expenditures, creating a dashboard, and audit letters.
- Social Media Strategies for Nonprofits
- This course will focus on how nonprofits can use social media as a method to successfully build, manage and expand their networks and goals in new ways. Students will learn how to build a strong digital foundation across various platforms, utilize best practices to sustain social media activities and support various nonprofit audiences and stakeholders.
- 100% online
- Activities include readings, discussions and hands-on exercises
- 50 hours of learning
- Fee: $550 (University of Illinois students, alumni and staff: $515)
*Students must successfully complete Nonprofit Finance for Nonfinancial Managers I before registering for this course.