Virtual Grant Writing Workshop
Date / Time
April 6, 2022
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
In this highly participatory workshop, UIC’s expert instructors will guide you through a comprehensive overview of the grant writing process, including:
- Types of funding sources available to nonprofits today
- How to research grant opportunities and assess the best fit for your funding needs
- What your organization must have in place before writing a grant
- The primary components of a grant proposal and how they fit together
- How to communicate effectively with prospective funders
- Instructors – Noah Jenkins and Valerie Leonard
- Date – Wednesday, April 6, from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Location – Online, Interactive Zoom Session
- Cost – $350 ($300 for University of Illinois students, alumni or staff)
- Registration Deadline – Monday, April 4, at 12 p.m.
You will leave the class with:
- Experience working on a team to prepare proposal pieces.
- A workbook for planning, developing and writing successful proposals.
- A valuable network of connections with instructors and workshop participants.
- Confidence in the ability to prepare a foundation grant proposal.
- Practical knowledge needed to succeed in grant writing.
- A list of the top grant writing resources on the web.
- Access to a recording of the workshop.