Workshop: Digital Humanities in Practice: Project Development and Digital Pedagogy
Date / Time
February 27, 2020 - February 27, 2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This workshop will be led by digital humanities experts from Michigan State University’s Digital Scholarship Lab and will feature an introductory presentation, two breakout sessions with hands-on tutorials, and a provided lunch.
– Development, management, and life cycle of a DH project
– Finding and working with data
– Understanding and engaging in collaboration practices
– Hands-on instruction with mapping and data visualization tools
– Cultivating a digital pedagogy
- 9:00- Welcome & Introduction
- 9:15- Presentation: “Digital Humanities in Practice”
- 10:30- Breakout Session 1
- A) Navigating the Mapping Landscape
- B) Exploring Data Visualization Options with Flourish
- 12:30- Provided Lunch*
- 1:45- Breakout Session 2
- A) Project Management and Collaboration
- B) Simple Strategies for Adding DH into your Pedagogy
- 3:45- Closing Remarks
*Lunch will be provided in the Institute for the Humanities in the lower level of Stevenson Hall.
All other workshop events will take place in the IDEA Commons Classroom on the south end 1st floor of Richard J. Daley Library.