Just around the corner
Finals are coming! With finals around the corner, it is time to start studying extra hard. Late-night cram sessions the night before a final are no fun, so here are some study tips to help you prepare.
- If you are making flashcards or rewriting your notes to help you study, try using different colors. Grab a few different colored pens and use them when preparing your notes. It will help!
- Prepare a quiet study area. Make sure it is clean and organized, and that there are minimal distractions. Trying to study in your living room near the TV is distracting and you will most likely end up watching a show instead of studying.
- If you do not have a quiet study area, you can always try the library. If you are studying with a group, you can always reserve a room at the library just for your group. This is great if you like studying in a group, but want to avoid the distractions of other people.
- Speaking of groups…pick your study group wisely. Pick group members that will study with you and not be a distraction. Sometimes studying with your friends is not the best idea, because you will most likely end up getting off topic.
- If your professors offer an optional review session-GO! I know it’s tempting to just stay home and avoid the commute, but these review session are extremely helpful and well worth your time.
Hope these tips help you ace your finals! The semester is almost done and then we can enjoy summer break. Good luck with all your finals!
Aneta Murphy is a senior majoring in applied psychology and minoring in sociology. In her spare time, Aneta enjoys going to museums, hiking, biking, fishing and reading. You’ll often find her down on the lakefront trail riding her bike with her husband. She also loves to travel and explore new cities.