Spring is near
Who is ready for some warmer weather? Me!!!! Spring is eventually going to show up and there are so many great things to do in Chicago in the springtime.
- Check out the lakefront! Just taking a walk and seeing all the flowers and trees starting to bloom is a great way to spend the day.
- Go to a park with friends and hang out. Maybe play a game of softball or soccer. There are a ton of parks around Chicago. I recommend McGuane Park (2901 S. Poplar Ave.) — it is close to campus and there’s also a pretty neat quarry right across the street that you can check out.
- Walk around Millennium Park, we have one of the most amazing parks right here in the city. Millennium Park is absolutely gorgeous in the spring, and you can spend an awesome day exploring all that it has to offer.
- Go for a bike ride down the lakefront. This is one of my favorite activities and spring is the perfect time for bike riding.
- Venture out to one of the forest preserves and go for a hike with friends. It’s a great way to enjoy the outdoors.
- Check out Lincoln Park Zoo! Take a walk around and see all the animals. Afterwards, walk over to Café Ba-Ba-Reeba for some amazing food. Yum!
- Go to the Chicago Botanic Garden. Spring is one of the best times to go because everything is blooming. Be sure to bring your camera!
The city has so much to offer each season, so be sure to take a break from homework and studying to enjoy what it has to offer. Pretty soon we won’t have to put on ten layers of clothes to go outside and we can begin to enjoy the amazing weather.
Aneta Murphy is a senior majoring in applied psychology and minoring in sociology. In her spare time, Aneta enjoys going to museums, hiking, biking, fishing and reading. You’ll often find her down on the lakefront trail riding her bike with her husband. She also loves to travel and explore new cities.